Cindy Wilson, founder of Wilson Family Law LLC, puts a lifetime of diverse experiences to work for her clients, in a practice dedicated exclusively to family and matrimonial law.
Cindy’s broad expertise spans the areas of Mediation, Collaboration, and Litigation, providing her with a wide range of options to help her clients get through this most difficult time in their lives. Every family has different needs. From high-net-worth clients with complex compensation needs to those who are facing financial challenges, Cindy handles each individual case with compassion and understanding.
Cindy received her B.A. from Rutgers University and her J.D. from Seton Hall Law School. While in law school, Cindy was a law clerk for the New Jersey Office of the Attorney General in the Division of Youth and Family Services (currently Child Protection & Permanency), and worked on cases involving abused and neglected children.
After graduation, she was law clerk to the Chief Judge of the Family Division in Montgomery County, Maryland, where she lectured about gun possession in domestic violence cases. Later, she worked as Director of Student Services at her alma mater, Seton Hall Law School, where she served as a member of the New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on Women in the Courts, and was honored by the Class of 2008 with the naming of the Office of Student Services in her honor.
Prior to her law career, Cindy spent five years as a Special Education teacher, working with emotionally disturbed teenagers from inner city school districts. This experience provided Cindy with a deep empathy for the needs of abused and neglected youth that still serves her today.
Dealing with family issues is challenging, and the outcome lasts a lifetime. Above all, Cindy believes that you do not need to divide the family to divide the assets.
· Harvard Law School, Program on Negotiation
· Seton Hall Law School, J.D.
· American University, Washington College of Law (international studies)
· Rutgers University, B.A.
· Kean University, Certificate Teacher of the Handicapped
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
· Court Early Settlement Panelist, Morris County Court and Union County Court
· Approved Mediator, Court Roster of Family Mediators in Morris, Union, Essex, Hudson, Bergen, Somerset, Hunterdon, Sussex, Monmouth, and Ocean counties
· Garibaldi Inn of Court, Member of the Executive Committee
· Barry I Croland Inn of Court, Member
· New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators, Member
· New Jersey Association of Women Lawyers, Member
· New Jersey Collaborative Law Group, Past President, Current Secretary
· International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Member
· New Jersey Council of Collaborative Practice Groups, Representative
· New Jersey State Bar Association, Dispute Resolution and Family Law Sections
· Morris County Bar Association, Family Law Section
· Union County Bar Association , Family Law Section
· Seton Hall Law School Solo & Small Law Firm, Committee Member
· Guest Lecturer, Family Law Mediation, Seton Hall Law School
· Seton Hall Law School, Director of Student Services
· Paradiso, Dack, Taub & Sinay, PC, Attorney
· New Jersey Office of the Attorney General, Division of Youth and Family Services (DCP&P)
· New Jersey Office of the Attorney General, Division of Civil Rights
· Mount Carmel Guild School, Special Education Teacher for students from inner city school districts
· Honorable Louise G. Scrivener, Chief Judge of the Family Division, Sixth Judicial Circuit, Montgomery County, Maryland
· New Jersey, 2000
· Maryland, 2000
· U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2000
LIFE OUTSIDE THE OFFICE:
Cindy lives in Morris County with her husband, daughter, and their rambunctious dog, Milo. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her family, playing softball, rooting for her beloved New York Giants, and serving on various community boards.
Copyright © 2023 Wilson Family Law LLC - The content of this website is for general information purposes only. It is not intended to give legal advice, nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. For this reason, you should not send any confidential information until an attorney-client relationship is formally established.
Wilson Family Law LLC
667 Shunpike Road, Suite 5
Chatham, NJ 07928
Office: 973-520-4275 Fax: 973-378-0603